J.J. Abrams Talks STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS, Where the Franchise Should Go Next, STAR WARS, Does He Like the Prequels, More
August 18th, 2013
With Star Trek Into Darkness opening soon around the world, our partners at Omelete recently sat down with director J.J. Abrams. During the interview, they talked about what Star Trek mean to him, where he thinks Star Trek should go next and what he’s accomplished, and more. In addition, with Abrams preparing to direct the next Star Wars movie, he talked about who shot first, his feelings on the Star Wars prequels, and what’s his favorite Star Wars movie. Hit the jump to watch.
Star Trek Into Darkness stars Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, Karl Urban, Simon Pegg, Anton Yelchin, John Cho, Bruce Greenwood, Peter Weller, and Alice Eve. The film is now playing in IMAX 3D and in 2D and 3D on May 17th.
WARNING: During the Star Trek portion of the interview a spoiler is discussed. I suggest not watching that portion until you have seen the film.
- What does Star Trek mean to him
- 1:20 – Where does he think Star Trek should go next and what does he think he’s accomplished
- 3:00 – How one of the themes of the film is questioning authority
- 4:20 – Who shot first?
- 4:30 – Does he like the Star Wars prequels?
- 4:45 – Favorite Star Wars movie
By Steve ‘Frosty’ Weintraub
Related Posts via Categories
- Julianne Moore and Michael Angarano Talk THE ENGLISH TEACHER, Their Characters, the Film’s Tone, MAPS TO THE STARS, HEAT, and More
- Jess Weixler and Director Jay Gammill Talk FREE SAMPLES, Making an Unpleasant Character Likeable, and Changes from the Script
- Hugh Jackman Talks Finally Putting “the Real Wolverine” on Screen, the Comics Influence, and More on the Set of THE WOLVERINE
- Geoff Johns Talks GREEN LANTERN, Bringing Back Hal Jordan, Finishing Issue 20, Reactions from DC and Creating the First Arab-American Green Lantern
- Andrea Osvart Talks AFTERSHOCK, Working with Eli Roth, Shooting in Chile, Working with Practical Effects, and More
- Chris O’Dowd & Aziz Ansari Talk EPIC, Improvising, THOR: THE DARK WORLD, Ansari’s Scripts, ICE AGE 4: CONTINENTAL DRIFT and Michele Bachmann
- Ken Jeong Talks THE HANGOVER PART III, COMMUNITY’s Renewal, Dark and Subversive Humor, Stereotypes, Working with Todd Phillips, and More
- Sarah Polley Talks STORIES WE TELL, Bringing This Narrative to Audiences, Her Voice as a Filmmaker, and More
- Producers Deborah Snyder, David S. Goyer, and Charles Roven Talk Retelling the Origin Story, Choosing the Villain, and More on the Set of MAN OF STEEL
- James Badge Dale Talks IRON MAN 3, His Audition Process, the Character’s Physicality, WORLD WAR Z, THE LONE RANGER, and More
You can leave a response
, or trackback
from your own site.